Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Comfortis
From: Peggy & The Girls <phr...@optimum.net>
To: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com
CC:

K9 Advantix  is for fleas and ticks. Advantage is just for fleas.  I have used
K9 Advantix for years and never had a problem with fleas or ticks or side
reactions. Problem is they decided to add a flea growth inhibitor to it and now
call it Advantix 11.  Second problem is that I also always used Interceptor,
and they changed it to Sentinal and now that to has a flea growth inhibitor in
it.  Bad enough they added more insecticides, but that means I would be giving
double doses if I use both of those products.

We have to be careful this year because other companies as well have changed
the formulas, and if you use a HW that also contains flea med,s  plus use
another flea med for ticks too,  you can be double dosing your dogs.  Such a
pain!  Just like the food companies always changing something or adding
something that our dogs don't need.

A less expensive generic to Frontline Plus is  Fipronil, 6pk for 25.00  on Dr
Fosters and Smith site.  Don't you want to buy the Comfortis from the AU site
since you said it was about 40.00 less then from your vet? Or have you never
ordered from them before? I have used the Dr Fosters and Smith site for years
and never had a problem.

Peggy