Or could the boy accidentally rolled over her in bed?

Gloria

In a message dated 8/1/2013 5:24:50 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
joan_cr...@hotmail.com writes:

Do you think that she fell off of your son's bed? She may have caused her
wobbliness and having difficulty keeping her head up. If you think she fell
and is having those symptoms, i would take her to the vet to be checked
out.
At one time, the vet told me to give Dolly some Nutrical every time  that
she started to shake because they thought she had low blood sugar. After  a
couple of days, I was having a difficult time waking her up and I think it
was because she really didn't have low blood sugar and it was putting her
into  the 'too much sugar' sleepiness.

--- In _Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com) ,
"leanneb65" <leannebkr@...> wrote:

> So stress can cause  the weak wobbly-ness? We do not have a crate for her
but I have a huge plastic  rectangle tote (no lid). Pee pad on one end bed
on the other. It sits next to  my son's bed. Last night he put the pup in
his bed to calm her down but he  fell asleep. When he woke up she was off the
bed and found her way to her  portable carrier. When we found her she was
obviously shaken and was so  strange ever since. She pooped twice. Once
normal, once slightly loose. She  wouldnt eat anything but I have her a
teaspoon
of water with a bit of sugar in  it. She lapped that up. She even seemed like
she wouldnt hold her head up, a  bit weak. So she slept and slept and
slept. I finally put her down to get some  stuff done. She went right to the
pee
pad and pottied. Then she followed me  all over so I put her in her box with
food. She ate a little but seemed more  alert, playful, whining to get out,
etc. She followed me all over and even  tried to jump up on the couch. She
wanted to chew on my finger but she has no  real interest in toys right now.
She is now sleeping on my chest and she  sounds at times, not all the time,
like she has a runny nose. We got her on  Sunday and she had her first shot
on Saturday.
> Am I being paranoid or  is some of this normal? The food I have been
giving her is Pedigree Puppy  canned. She keeps wanting to eat my other dogs
adult Purina One. I will go out  later today and get her a better quality food
and some nutri-cal. I used to  give that stuff to my ferrets a long time
ago. Any suggestions on a good  kibble food for her, one that does not require
a small loan.

 Peggy & The Girls <phrpg5@> wrote:

> > It's a  lot of stress for a new puppy to be away from mommy and her
litter
>  > mates for the first couple of weeks. Yes chis are known for
hypoglycemia
> > due from stress.
> > The best thing to give  them is Nutra-Cal, it is loaded with
electrolytes
> > which they  loose from the stress, which in turn lowers their sugar
level.
> >  You can buy it anywhere,
> > and just let her lick some off from the  tube about 2-4 times a day for
the
> > first couple of days. It will  also help to increase their appetite
back to
> > normal, and her  sugar level. All the excitement may have her
exhausted. Chi
> > s do  like to be with humans all the time, but if you think she is too
clingy
> > then it may be her way of saying she isn't feeling well,  and wants you
> > make her feel better. Normally a young pup of  6-8 weeks should have 4
small
> > meals per day until they are 10  weeks old, then reduce it to 3 small
meals.
> > If she is eating  normally then you shouldn't have to worry about a low
blood
> > sugar  level.
> >
> > Puppies should sleep a lot more then they  are active until they pass
that
> > stage, just like babies do. If  her nose is runny, then that could be
from a
> > list of causes. Did  she
> > recently have a shot? She may be having a side effect from  the shot. I
don
> > t know where you got her from, but cold symptoms  could also mean
Parvo. If