Will sick and cruel people ever cease?..........We can only pray. I hope
this company looses millions in sales. I was looking at their line of foods
and now they have many where the first ingredient is rice, or corn., and a
couple have corn gluten as the second ingredient.........That is worse then
the supermarket brands.  Spread the word so they go out of business because
they are clearly only interested in lying to the public and making the all
mighty dollar at the cost of our animals and nature. I don't believe for one
minute that this bear event was an accident. Look at those trophies!

Peggy

Oops: Royal Canin Accidentally Sponsors Savage Bear Baiting Events in the
Ukraine
Royal Canin makes food for cats and dogs. It promotes itself with the slogan
"respecting the animal nature of dogs and cats." Judging by the bear-baiting
contests it has sponsored in Ukraine, the company has a horrible awareness
of the animal nature of dogs.
Share this image
Here's what a bear-baiting contest consists of, as seen in a video obtained
by the animal welfare group Four Paws: A bear, with his claws removed, is
chained to a tree, and dogs are set upon it, biting and attacking the bear.
The bear became becomes exhausted and terrified, foaming at the mouth. Men
restrict the movements of the bear by pulling on the chain.
All this takes place in a space demarcated with Royal Canin tape. Trophies,
emblazoned with the Royal Canin logo, are given to the dogs judged the
bravest.

Share this image
It's a horrific, nearly inconceivable story. The animal welfare group Four
Paws uncovered Royal Canin's involvement in these sick events last May, and
released the footage showing the contest on July 23. Royal Canin has said it
ceased its involvement in the contests when Four Paws approached them in May

Share this image
The brown bear is protected by law in Ukraine, but Four Paws says that there
are bear baiting contest four to six times a year, and estimates there are
15 to 20 "baiting bears" in Ukraine. Sourced from zoos, circuses and the
wild, the bears are taken from their mothers when they are young.
"They live cruel lives in tiny cages with nothing but a concrete floor, and
they are only released from these cages for training or to be attacked by
hunting dogs," a spokesman for the charity said, according to the Daily Mail
 "They are usually given insufficient food and water, to make them weaker
opponents for the dogs."

Share this image
Four Paws says it has evidence that Royal Canin sponsored "one than one
event," according to the Observer.
In a statement to the Observer, the company said, "Royal Canin has been
absolutely horrified to see these images linked with our brand. The
sponsorship of this event is not consistent with Royal Canin's animal
welfare policy, our philosophy of pet-first or our vision."
Royal Canin also said that it knew of the bear-baiting event in the video --
after Four Paws altered the company about it in May. Royal Canin said it
immediately stopped sponsoring the event, and it "reminded sales and
marketing staff of its policy on animal welfare and sponsorship due
diligence."

Share this image

Share this image
However, the company said it hadn't seen the video at that time, and didn't
know the true nature of the event. Now, the company says it has "pledged to
work to improve the welfare of Ukrainian bears and dogs involved in
bear-baiting."
"This has been a humbling experience for Royal Canin," the statement said.
It should be. It's inconceivable that a dog food company would be involved
in fighting dogs and the torture of bears. Kudos to Four Paws. The group is
still pressing on Royal Canin to do something to improve the life of bears
affected by bear baiting in Ukraine, and is awaiting a meeting with the
company.
Viathe Observerand theDaily Mail

ยป Read full article on[The Scoop | The Scoop]