Dan, et alia:

Thank you to eveyone that has worked so hard to make Chirp such an
amazing piece of software!

It has been well over a decade since I looked at using Chirp (I have
used it in the past) and now am re-evaluating what software I will use
for my programming needs (especially since I do far more on Linux and
macOS, thus Chirp is interesting again).

I see it can handle my senior citizen radios of a Kenwood TM-D700 and
my ID-5100. However, conspicuously absent from the list are several
radios that interest me and I am wondering if anyone can speak to the
likelihood of their being supported in the near future?

1) ICOM ID-52A
2) Anytone At-D878II-PLUS (will be arriving this week
3) I may soon have an ID-51A Anniversary Edition again (which I think
is basically an ID-51A Plus)

If there are issues with supporting any of these radios I'd like to
understand them as I am a Computer Scientist myself with some Python
coding experience.

 Very Respectfully,

Stuart Blake Tener, BScCS, N3GWG (Extra), MROP
Computer Scientist / FCC Licensed Radio Operator

Las Vegas, NV / Philadelphia, PA

+(1) 310.358.0202 Mobile Phone / WhatsApp
+(1) 215.338.6005 Google Voice

Amateur Radio IDs: DMR: 3132252[nn], 3132499 and NXDN ID: 6627