> I will probably get rocks and sticks thrown at me but I sure wish Chirp
> supported some of the common
> lower end DMR radios.

Nah Chuck, no rocks, Maybe a few sticks :) You're certainly not the first
person to ask about it.

CHIRP supports something crazy like more than 400 models and it does that with
a lot of common infrastructure. There are a few radios that don't work like
most others that we support (like some of the newer Kenwood commercial radios),
and making the infrastructure fit those is a real challenge. D-STAR, YSF, etc
radios are generally organized internally like most analog channelized radios,
but the DMR ones I've looked at are not so much. So it's certainly a
possibility for the future, but it won't be a small undertaking. It's going to
require people who possess both the *desire* to make it happen and the *skills*
to do so (and a lot of patience from those of us that will have to help review
and adapt the infrastructure to allow it).

--Dan