I forgot to attach the following usual addendum to the Chodosh Bulletin I sent out today. That is attached below.

In addition, I would like to remind all of the following tentative Chodosh dates. These are based on last year's experience. More accurate dates will be sent out to this E mail list as they become known.

Freshly baked products in local bakeries such as breads, challehs, rolls, bagels probably Yoshon if purchased up to: Sept 7 in the East and Far West, Aug 25 in the Mid West.

Packaged foods containing wheat, other than pasta probably Yoshon if purchased up to Sept 15. After that package codes have to be used.

Packaged pasta probably safe if packed before Sept 30, probably safe to purchase up to Oct 15.

Foods containing oats may be Chodosh as early as the purchase date of Aug 15. However, they are probably safe if packed up to Sept. 15, probably safe to purchase up to Oct 8. (The reason for this range of dates is that US-grown oats is harvested starting late July, but many large companies use Canadian oats that is harvested much later.)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] Then if you wish to resume receiving these messages from your new service, send a message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

You can request several reports by sending an E-mail message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Then in the body of the message type the command: "get" (without the quotes) followed by the name of the file that you want. Type each request on a new line. Make sure that you copy the file name exactly as spelled including capital letters. These reports are now available:

get Guidelines.txt

This gets a long report on Guidelines to Mashgichim on Chodosh. This has not been updated in the last three years, but is still substantially valid.

get News.txt

This gives the latest news bulletin, such as this note.

Project Chodosh is an independent activity, not affiliated with any movement

or organization. We thank the Jewish Internet Fund (JIF) for allowing us to use

their E mail distribution services. The JIF provides free email

and web hosting to Jewish education and outreach organizations.