*PRESEASON CHODOSH BULLETIN**-MAY 6 '11*

*From the Guide to Chodosh-Y. Herman*

*Chodosh telephone Hot Line 718-305-5133, email **yher...@yahoo.com* <mailto:yher...@yahoo.com>**

With pesach behind us we are enjoying a few months free from Chodosh concerns. The planting of next season's Chodosh crops is now under way. We were hoping that since pesach was so late on the solar calendar, perhaps a majority of the relevant crops would be planted before pesach, making them Yoshon. This hope did not materialize. Indeed, according to the U. S. Dep't of Agriculture weekly crop bulletins, about 3 days before pesach only 5% of the spring wheat, 11% of the barley and 39% of the oats were planted in the USA. This assures that the majority of these crops will be Chodosh next season, as usual.

We expect that the Chodosh problems will start again when the harvests begin. This would be for oats at the end of July, for wheat, early August and for barley late August. We hope BS"D to issue updates as these dates approach and we monitor the harvest progress.

Meanwhile, may we be zocha for a renewed kabolas Torah and have a pleasant summer.

Yoseph Herman

**