I was looking at UploadDataStream a while back.  I think the windows'isms
were just for reading a file from disk.  I think the recommendation was
to make a very basic File class in base or net for reading/writing to a
file and use that class in UploadDataStream.  We may even be able to use
some code from the disk cache for this.

I think Darin had an opinion about what a File class should look like,
but the general idea was something pretty thin without lots of
functionality.

tony