To my knowledge, we don't have specific speed requirements, so no,
there's no simple test that could show whether or not a given
mechanism is "fast enough."  However, as I noted yesterday, it should
be fairly straightforward to extract some performance data from the
windows build, which would at least give us information on the
distribution of sizes and latencies to use as a point of comparison.

--Amanda

--
--Amanda

"I'll say it again for the logic impaired." --Larry Wall