I've always wondered why the RSS feed icon was in the URL bar in Firefox.
How many of our users actually know what an RSS feed is, much less use it?
(I have a feeling that googlers are probably a biased sample). It's always
seemed like a pretty random thing that someone just decided to throw an icon
up for. I also grow concerned with too many things crowding the address bar
- it's really the only "trusted UI" we have anywhere. So, two questions:
1. Does it really make sense to show the "RSS" icon for all users, or is
there a way to only have it show up for people who actually use RSS feeds?
(Not sure how to define those users, maybe we recognize that they have a
reader installed / registered / whatever?)

2. Does it really have to be *in* the address bar?