*Report for 2009-1-8*

As Eric pointed out, the progress we made was negated by new failures
introduced by the most recent WebKit merge.  This will likely continue to be
a problem.

If you have not yet resolved a layout test bug it would be good to take a
break from the other bugs and tackle one.  We are doing well on Purify and
the other bugs but need to gain some ground on layout tests.  A couple days
focusing on layout tests would be really helpful

I added a new chart to http://go/stable that shows the burndown for layout
tests.  It assumes we have until the end of the quarter.  The rate of fixes
needs to be about 9 a day if we are to hit our goal.  If you are not fixing
at least one a day then we are probably falling behind.  It is a lot of work
-- there just is no escaping the need to get these things fixed and the
longer it takes us the more likely we are to be even further behind by the
end of the quarter.

I still need owners for these two bugs, please take one of these:

  Issue 5541 <http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=5541>:
REGRESSION:
bad drop-shadow rendering

 Issue 5559 <http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=5559>:
REGRESSION:
cannot select text in gmail compose using shift+click if scroll between
clicks

 *Layout Tests*

We had a net gain of 2 passing unit tests yesterday.  We need to gain 9 each
day to be on pace to complete by the end of March.

Be sure to sign up at
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pMwul3Seofg448Q1VFJjsJA&hl=en if you
are going to work on a layout test.  We don't want to step on each other's
toes.
 [image: All+Tests=76.5][image: Want+To+Pass=92.5]

<http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pMwul3Seofg4uTdanKb9iWw>

[image: History of passing tests
%]<http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pMwul3Seofg4uTdanKb9iWw>
All Tests is based on all available layout tests including those that we are
currently not trying to pass.  There are tests in this group which are known
to be bad or relate to future technologies.

Want to Pass is based on the tests that we need to be passing before we will
ship a revision of the browser.  Getting this number as high as possible is
the goal of the stabilization effort.  Some of these tests are failing due
to subtle changes that require the test to be re-baselined.

*Purify Bugs (Memory)*

We have resolved 23 of the 42 Purify issues.  We did not resolve a new
Purify bug yesterday.

*Regressions*

We have resolved 13 of 25 regressions. We resolved one additional regression
yesterday.

*Other bugs*

We have also resolved 18 of the 42 "other" bugs.  We resolved one more since
yesterday.

So our bug burndown chart looks like this:

 As long as we keep the red line below the blue line we are on track for the
bugs.  Keep in mind that this does not include the work on Layout Tests.

You will find a lot more information about the Stabilization effort on the
Wiki at http://code.google.com/p/chromium/wiki/StabilizeTrunk