Our CommandLine class is very confusing -- it is not a class for
working with command lines, but in fact a stealth singleton that wraps
the command line used to start the process.
Further, since it came from Windows, it does all this string-munging
and quoting that is not necessary on OS X or Linux.

We need a sane way to construct cross-platform command lines and
invoke subprocesses.

I propose the following:
1) For the singleton use case, we change code to use a real singleton
(e.g. CommandLine::Get() or even our Singleton<CommandLine>).
2) We extend the class to also be useful for generating command lines.
Here's a taste of API (that would be folded into CommandLine):
 http://codereview.chromium.org/18073/diff/1/3
The function names intentionally match the old static function names
above so it's easier to convert old code.
Some callers are already incorrectly (by the current API) using
CommandLine like this.

If this is ok, I volunteer to fix all callers.
(If you haven't dealt with it before, this area of the code is
embarassingly prone to endless arguments, so I apologize for bringing
this up again.)