I DO want a rendering engine that I can use in place of GDI, GDI+,
cairo, AGG, etc.

The way skia is wired into Chromium is rather involved though
appropriate given the requirements.  I was looking for a simpler Win32
framework to be used for experimentation.  Chromium's skia is not
where you want to wire in test changes to skia rendering code.

Would be nice to have parts of Chromium broken out into seperate
projects.  I could think of at least a half dozen candidates.

Anyhow, for now I'm just looking to draw some squiggles with skia.  If
someone has a WTL of MFC framework app that has skia wired in, I'd
like to know about it.