Wow.  That's really cool.  The slow solution load time has been really
pissing me off for a while now.  Emptying this directory fixed this
problem completely for me.  I recommend everyone do this.

The wacky bit about that directory is that (for me at least) it's a
bunch (31000+) of empty directories.  Just opening the directory up to
look at it took almost 10 minutes for me.  Someone on the net said it
took him two hours to delete the files.  I recommend that you do it
from the command-line.

I did some searching using my favorite search engine and found the
following tidbit:
===
http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=347228
Our problem is that developers are accumulating massive numbers of
directories and files (24,000+ directories in one case) in the
%userroot%\Local Settings\ApplicationData\Microsoft\WebSiteCache
directory.    Our solutions tend to have upward of 150-200 projects so
this is a real problem. We are also seeing the following unnecessary
lines (for windows apps!) in our .sln files that seem to be causing
the issue:
    ProjectSection(WebsiteProperties) = preProject
        Debug.AspNetCompiler.Debug = "True"
        Release.AspNetCompiler.Debug = "False"
    EndProjectSection
===

Apparently, the unnecessary insertion of these lines is a known bug in
VS2005 that's fixed in VS2008.  Maybe the new solution/project
generator will solve this for us by omitting these lines from the sln.

Erik