On Feb 28, 2:42 am, Wan-Teh Chang <w...@google.com> wrote:
> Yes, red tape is the real problem.  I'm planning to write to
> Alexander Sack (who seems to maintain the NSS package
> in Ubuntu) this weekend.

A few days ago, I created a dedicated package to handle this issue in
Ubuntu.
I called it ia32-libs-chromium-browser, and i used it in the chromium-
browser package (that I also created) to add support for amd64.
The content is dependent on the Ubuntu version, i.e. it automatically
detects and provides the missing symlinks on jaunty, even more
symlinks on intrepid, and all symlinks + nspr/nss/sqlite3 32 on hardy.
It's not ideal but it's probably the best we can do. If for some
reasons, the ia32-libs package fills the gaps, it will mean a simple
bump of ia32-libs-chromium-browser, until is it completely empty, yet,
it could stay there as a build-dep. This is good as we like to have a
unique packaging branch for all ubuntu distros.

You can find it here:
https://code.launchpad.net/~chromium-team/chromium-browser/ia32-libs-chromium-browser.head

It is used to produce the dailies there:
https://launchpad.net/~chromium-daily/+archive/ppa

Feedbacks welcome.