On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 4:58 PM, Adam Langley <a...@chromium.org> wrote:
>> Webkit Linux (dbg) : failed to compile, seems to be a problem with the
>> machine. Someone in the Linux team should look at it.
>
> This is a shared object build and, sadly, the shared build is often
> broken. Someone will get it green this week. (i.e. I'll do it if
> nobody else does).

Though I did a lot of the initial work on this, I now wonder if it's
worth trying to keep going while so many symbols are in flux.

As long as we still have temp_scaffolding_stubs, there are always
symbols that are getting temporarily defined just to appease the
static linker.  Because the dynamic link is more demanding, it will
continue to break.

Once we have eliminated that file, I think breaking the dynamic link
could be a tree-closing offense.  In theory other platforms will want
it to work for them too.