Hi All,
I've just rolled out a switchover of several components on Windows to
gyp (generate your project),
the new cross platform build tool to which chromium is migrating.
gyp is now the official build tool for mac.
Consider this a trial period for windows.

IF THE ARE PROBLEMS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

This change affects the following modules:
base
icu38
zlib
libpng
libjpeg
gtest

If you are just building these components, everything should work as it did
before.
vcproj files will be generated at checkout.

If you need to make a change to one of these modules, you will need to
modify the gyp file in the associated directory.
The related vcproj files are no longer in the repo, so don't modify them
directly.

Please consult the gyp documentation (or bug mmentovai, sgk, or myself):
http://code.google.com/p/gyp/wiki/InputFormatReference

You can force regeneration of the project files with:
gclient runhooks --force

Right now several sln files in higher level components point to old vcproj
files (so momentarily there are two sources of truth for icu38 and a few
others).
This will be corrected shortly. Debug builds are solely generated from
gyp/gypi files, Release still have some vsprops dependency.

Again please do not hesitate to let me know if you encounter any problems.

-BradN