I had a discussion about Views with Scott.  I think I am on the side
of the fence that porting views it not a good idea.  One of the things
that came up is remote X, would it be possible to ever have good
remote X performance with the Views panting model?  I wouldn't want to
paint ourselves into a corner (dum dum dum).