On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 10:10 PM, Aaron Boodman <a...@chromium.org> wrote:

> Is it possible to enforce these rules with code rather than capital letters?
>
> I don't think I've made this particular error, but it's something I
> could see myself doing. From their names, "chrome/common" seems like a
> reasonable thing to include from "chrome/views".
>
> Just a thought. Don't we have something already to enforce dependency
> rules like this?

The problem is that there are already some dependencies, so we can't
enforce them. The dependencies are checked on a per-directory basis. I
would like to prevent people from including browser from renderer_host
and tab_contents but can't for the same reason. We could have some
complicated exception list in the checkdeps tool, but that's much
harder than shouting on the mailing list.

Brett