+ chromium-dev

> Can you please explain what you think has changed since such decisions were
> made (or why it's time to revisit such decisions)?

I don't think there was code in webcore suitable for this purpose
before... html parsing, javascript,sql interpretting... all dangerous
from a security point of view (acting in very complex ways on
untrusted web content).  The backend logic for these new features
aren't like that. Its not so much that its webcore code is untrusted,
as much as the data it operates on is untrusted.

> I have always felt like running the WebCore "backend" in the browser was
> elegant

Yea, but we need a webcore backend to run :)