+1 That would be extremely useful to the Mac port as well.
WebKit calls a bunch of OS X APIs that are not specced in regards to their
interaction with the Sandbox (i.e. they may try to open arbitrary files,
talk to the network, etc and fail in the process).  We have no good source
of test coverage for this at the moment.

In addition, if memory serves, we've run into a few sitatuions in the Mac
port where things have worked fine in test shell while failing in Chrome
(I'm sure similar situations exist on other platforms).

Running Layout Tests in Chrome would address both of these issues.

Best regards,
Jeremy