On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 1:23 PM, Mike Belshe <mbel...@google.com> wrote:
> It's been a while since I dealt with unix signals; but in the work I did,
> the common trick was to disable signals on all threads except one.  Then,
> you only have to deal with handling signals there.  Otherwise, you've pretty
> much always got trouble because you never know which threads will service a
> signal.
> Does this work?  My memory is hazy because it has been too long :-)

We could try this, but it's a little tricky. glibc likes to use
signals internally sometimes. That might have gone away with
LinuxThreads, but maybe someone is still using that library? You also
have to be sure that no 3rd party code is modifying your signal mask.

There's also a place where we use EINTR to interrupt a sleep system
call deliberately. Also, I hear noises that we might like to split
net/ out so that others could use it. In that case, we would want the
code to function in other signal environments.

So, it's a good idea, but I think handling EINTR works better for us.

Cheers

AGL