Hi All,
We've just landed a change to switch chrome.sln to be gyp generated.
This was accomplished with a bit of a temporary cheat.
The now generated chrome.sln continues to refer to the checked-in vcprojs.
This change will allow us to switch them over one by one (and will let us
roll out most of the major components which are working gyp generated,
without being blocked on the few that aren't).

This has a few weird (temporary) ramifications:

1. Changes to modules at the chrome module level still need to be made in
the checked in vcprojs, however, dependency information now comes from
chrome.gyp and installer/installer.gyp.
2. The future layout of chrome.sln is reflected now (even though the
projects are in their old locations). Do let me know if there are any
problems with the new layout (or if I missed something). The new layout
mimics the directory structure, with the one compression that lone vcprojs
in a directory with the same name get brought up a level.

With any luck we'll be able to land vcprojs gradually throughout the week.
We don't plan to bug everyone with announcements on each change, so here's a
good rule of thumb:
Since you are already updating the gyp files to keep the other platforms
working, take note of whether targets you change in chrome.gyp or
installer.gyp contain the setting: 'msvs_existing_vcproj'. These will
require you to change the checked in vcproj file, others will not.

Be sure to let us (sgk and I) know if you notice any regressions during this
process.

-BradN