It's always disabled in Chrome. It's all in the source code. See [1] line ~416.

You can use Google Code Search to grep the code more quickly. For
instance, if you search for single_process, you'll end up on [2] and
oh look at the first result!

[1]
http://src.chromium.org/viewvc/chrome/trunk/src/chrome/app/chrome_dll_main.cc?view=markup
[2]