On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 7:33 AM, Dan Kegel<daniel.r.ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My measurements on tab startup showed no clear effect.  But
> http://build.chromium.org/buildbot/perf/linux-release/startup/report.html?history=150
> shows that the 'startup' measurement increased by about 5ms and
> got quite a bit more variable.  (My measurements were all with the
> old parentage arrangement, with the zygote as the first child, perhaps that
> change made a difference.)

The orange line (reference build that is not affected by this change)
also got slower and started bouncing around.  I'm not convinced we
have enough data to tell how this change impacted startup.

The browser RSS seems to have gone down?
http://build.chromium.org/buildbot/perf/linux-release/moz/report.html?history=150&graph=vm_rss_final_b

And the bytes of IO in the renderer seem to have gone down as well:
http://build.chromium.org/buildbot/perf/linux-release/moz/report.html?history=150&graph=total_byte_r