The make file generator has a bug.  I started to work on fixing the
build last night but it's not finished and I'm not sure how long it
will take me this morning.  I think it's a little unfair to revert
even though all the buildbots are green (since there's no make
buildbot and we can use the scons build instead).

Alternately, if this file is not going to change often, maybe we can
just check the generated file into the tree?

Albert, what do you think?  I estimate that about 5-7 people on the
linux team use the make build these days.