I landed the change to modify the format of extension IDs tonight
(http://src.chromium.org/viewvc/chrome?view=rev&revision=18351).

This ended up requiring lots of test data files to be renamed, and
lots of little changes to the unit tests. I expect this to cause some
merge pain if you are working on extensions_service_unittest.cc, so
you may want to hold off syncing until you have some time to resolve
conflicts.

Also, I though the unit tests pass and Chrome seems to startup and run
extensions, I expect there to be corners I didn't find where we were
expecting the extension ids in the old format and choke on the new
one. So be on the lookout :).

- a