To answer some questions I got off-list, it looks like this wasn't
quite sufficient.
git-svn still caches the old hashes and will be confused.  It's safe*
to "rm -rf .git/svn/" and then try something like "git svn find-rev
r18522" just to verify it rebuilds its index.

To completely clobber a checkout or a branch, you can do one of:
 - git checkout -b someotherbranch origin;  git branch -D mybranch
 - git reset --hard origin  # clobbers current branch

If you have changes you want to transplant, your best bet is probably
saving them as a patch :\.  See "git help format-patch" to construct
them and "git help am" to apply them.

(* I believe it's not safe if you have fancy settings like
useSvmProps, but if you're doing that then you should probably
understand how git-svn works.)