On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 12:00 AM, Dmitry.Skiba<dmitry.sk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Recently I was playing with hunspell and got very displeased with its
> code (which claims to be cpp, but in fact 'classified' c). I even
> started to think about rewriting it in, you know, "correct" cpp. Then
> I realized that Chrome also uses hunspell and went to the repository.
> I saw a very useful patch to HashMgr, which in fact alters its
> behaviour pretty much. And at the same time all old code were left as
> is.

Glad you like it!

> So I have a question: why? Why didn't you just remove all that old and
> unused code? It's unlikely that your patches will be merged into
> hunspell.

We do this so we can tell what we changed so it's easier to merge to
future versions of Hunspell. Of course it should be possible to do
with SVN logs only, but it makes it a little easier. I believe there
are some new capabilities we would like to take advantage of in the
newer ones.

Brett