On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 2:35 PM, Nicolas Sylvain <nsylv...@chromium.org>wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 2:25 PM, Evan Martin <e...@chromium.org> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Nicolas Sylvain<nsylv...@chromium.org>
>> wrote:
>> It seems to me a caching layer that only ever hit the "backend" every
>>
> ten seconds would allow it ten seconds to grind through its
>> computations, which should be more than sufficient, without any extra
>> splitting up required.  That is, we should (a) fix the proxy and (b)
>> make every use the proxy.
>

> That makes a lot of sense. I agree that we should fix the proxy, and
> make more people use it. Some direct buildbot access would still be
> required internally to force a build and stuff like that.

Can we make this stuff be based on IP instead of what URL you hit, e.g. have
the force build UI there on the proxy, but have it return a 403 +
descriptive error page when you try to do it?

Alternately, can we have the internal URLs also use the proxy? Or have them
use a different proxy if that's easier?

Ojan