On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 3:35 PM, Erik Kay<erik...@google.com> wrote:
> One quick question is about race conditions at load time.  Will this handle
> the case where a background page asks for its toolstrips right away (or vice
> versa)?

I think this is more an implementation issue, but you're right that we
should specify the guarantee somewhere. I think that it should be that
the background page lifetime bookends all other pages in an extension.
This means that the backgound page will always exist when asked for,
but there's no similar guarantee about toolstrips or whatever else.

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 3:46 PM, Matt Perry<mpcompl...@chromium.org> wrote:
> nit: I'd prefer getTabs instead of getTabContents.

Ok, I made that change.

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 3:48 PM, Matt Perry<mpcompl...@chromium.org> wrote:
> Also, for most of our APIs, not specifying a windowId generally means "my
> current window", while this means "all windows".  It might be better to be
> consistent with those APIs here.  We could introduce a special windowId
> constant like kAllWindows to satisfy the other case.

Yeah, good point. I have updated it to also accept the string "all",
which we can implement with JSON Schema, and which I think is a kinda
elegant approach for doing constants in JS. WDYT?

- a