On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 16:44, Wan-Teh Chang <w...@google.com> wrote:

> One question: if a test *always* fails under a particular configuration,
> for example, on a particular platform or when running under Purify,
> it isn't a flaky test, right?  I assume "flaky" means intermittent failure.

I also think that flakiness = intermittent failure.

One note about Purify and different environments: some tests become flaky
when run under Purify or other kind of tool. They timeout or hang, but only
sometimes.

And one note about layout tests: I was looking at the list of layout test
bugs, but I don't always know which are about real flakiness, and which are
real failures after merges. I think it would be better to apply the
FlakyTest label consistently, so I didn't label any of the webkit bugs. If
you want to do that, feel free to do so.