On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 8:42 AM, Nicolas Sylvain<nsylv...@chromium.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 8:31 AM, Paweł Hajdan Jr. <phajdan...@chromium.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> Can we have a trybot with that configuration, which would just compile the
>> code? I think it would really save people's time. I never build with
>> TOOLKIT_VIEWS, and in case of breakage I would have to immediately revert
>> and then investigate. If I got a trybot failure, I would know much more
>> before committing.
>
> Ben: How likely is this to break?
> I'm reluctant to add yet another try bot because they do take a lot of
> resources.  There are maybe 200-300 try changes sent every day. That means
> we need enough resources to build this configuration that many times, and it
> needs to answer fast enough.

I don't think an automatically-running trybot is very critical for
this build at the moment. Most of the things that break it are pretty
simple (need to add a file to GYP, or maybe a stub for something) so
the breakage won't be super complicated. Most errors will be caught by
the regular trybots.

Brett