I have just tried adding the scheme directly beneath where the
standard Chromium ones are being registered. The scheme is now being
recognized within the web browser.

When "my-scheme://test" is entered, the location bar now automatically
switches to "http://192.168.1.4:8080/";.

Is it possible to make the Chromium location bar show "my-scheme://
test" but still have the page come from "http://192.168.1.4:8080/";?