Yeah we should certainly handle this better.This was a known thing, but I've
called it out in this gyp issue:
http://code.google.com/p/gyp/issues/detail?id=38

I do like have consistent line endings, but the error message leaves
something to be desired (not to mention being different on each platform
:-).
Shouldn't be a big deal to fix.

-BradN