I meant it would be nice as a temporary solution, until a chrome://themes
page or something comes up.And per your wondering - when you mouse
over\select a theme with the keyboard arrows (but no mouse click, nor Enter
key press is made), a preview can be shown, or the whole theme can change.
That would have to make the theme transitioning faster and more fluid, of
course, but that is the intention anyway, so this could be step one.
If you do not select a theme at last (clicking otherwise), the theme will
revert to the one it has been.

☆PhistucK