There's growing interest from several parties in getting Chrome to
cross-compile onto linux/ARM. Let's make sure everyone is on the same
page so that we don't duplicate efforts.
I understand that Joel Stanley, Dean McNamee and Lei Zhang have
already been doing a lot of work towards that. There's a wiki page
there: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/wiki/LinuxChromiumArm

I've identified a few missing pieces to get a full version of chrome -
there may be others. They are mostly build infrastructure issues:
- v8 snapshotting needs to be disabled currently, we'd like to enable
it. That means executing mksnapshot as a target executable, either
through qemu or directly on device, i.e. the infrastructure to run a
target program.
- Gyp uses pkg-config to find includes/lib dependencies, i.e. it's
going to look at the host for them. If your target distribution
matches your host maybe you're fine, but it may not work at all, so
it'd would be good to extract that and get a way to specify the
dependencies explicitly.
- The chrome os build relies on the protobuf compiler. The current
build system builds it as a target executable, so we either need to
run in qemu / on device it as above, or change the build system to
understand target vs host executables.

I wanted to double check if anyone was working on any of that, or if
anyone has good ideas about how to achieve each of them. Please speak
up !

Antoine