On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 2:57 AM, Ben Laurie<b...@google.com> wrote:
> Added USE_GDK, set when either TOOLKIT_GTK or TOOLKIT_VIEWS is set but
> not OS_WIN.

I believe VIEWS still uses GTK (for bits like the omnibox).

> All of the above cause slightly odd formulations like:
>
> #if defined(OS_WIN)
> #elif defined(USE_BASE_DATA_PACK)
> #endif

My only concern with these is that if some platform happens to get
excluded in one of those chained statements, we'll have functions
silently skipping code that's important.  (This was a real problem in
bringing up the ports -- people would occasionally do "#ifdef OS_WIN
important_code() #endif", and finding out why some variable isn't
getting set sometimes isn't obvious.)

It seems some sort of "#else #error need code here" pattern would be
nice to define and use.

> Wrapped various references to struct stat64 and stat64() to use struct
> stat and stat() for FreeBSD - but a "man stat64" on Linux suggests
> that we could do the same thing for at least Linux, too, and perhaps
> eliminate the wrapper?

Until recently we couldn't build with _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64, so maybe
stat64 is just a holdover from before that was fixed.