Avi Drissman wrote:
> Screw #2: The actual scrollbar is drawn just a wee bit shorter. Cocoa sizes
> scrollbar thumbs with a proportion value ([0..1]) while HITheme uses a
> "viewsize" value related to the physical size of the scrollbar. The precise
> formula Cocoa uses to turn the view size into its proportion value is
> unknown and would either have to be coaxed out of Apple or
> reverse-engineered. But even if you could fix both of these screws, you'd
> have to deal with...

This all sounds reasonable to me.  I'd still like to know a little bit
more about "screw #2" because it seems like something that we should
understand a bit better before we decide to establish our own
baselines for these tests.

I wonder what happens when the viewsize or one of the other parameters
is changed by ±15.  Maybe Cocoa is accounting for the "other"
scrollbar's presence or absence differently.

Mark