All right.  I'm not 100% convinced, but either way I think we need to
understand better how to remove these features' side-effects from JavaScript
when disabled.
Mads (or anyone else) can you provide any thoughts on how we can implement
the following in our bindings generator?
(1)  We need to be able to disable the JavaScript constructor easily.
(2)  We need to be able to say "C++ NULLs --> JavaScript undefineds".  I
believe this is fairly easy?
(3)  We need to be able to manipulate at run-time whether a property should
be enumerated.  We'd need to do this on at least Window.  I assume there are
others.

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 4:23 PM, John Abd-El-Malek <j...@chromium.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Jeremy Orlow <jor...@chromium.org> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 3:51 PM, John Abd-El-Malek <j...@chromium.org>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Jeremy Orlow <jor...@chromium.org>
>>>  wrote:
>>>
>>   Please reply to
>>>>

>>> What's wrong with this thread?  We're discussing what to do in Chrome.
>>>

>> What we do in Chrome affects WebKit in terms of performance
>> and maintenance.  This is why the thread existed to begin with.  Any
>> decision that we make that affects the rest of the ports should be discussed
>> there unless it's obviously the right thing to do for them.  (Which this
>> isn't.)
>>

> Chrome has very different requirements than other products that use WebKit.
>  Our dev/beta/stable channel approach means we can move fast, but more
> differences between these builds pushes us the other direction.

This is mostly just a PSA:  If we can find ways to solve these problems 100%
transparently to everyone else, then sure.  But if not, then we need to
discuss it on WebKit-dev.  Adding run-time flags does affect others, which
is why that WebKit-dev thread was started.  I guess adding custom functions
to the v8 bindings doesn't affect others much (since we're the only port
using v8), but I want to be sure that we're conscious of when our decisions
have an impact on the rest of the WebKit community and that we bring things
up on WebKit-dev when it does.