I think in our current model, the outside entity that wants to sync
stuff with us needs to maintain a separate copy of their data. In the
future, if we sync other types, i'm not sure whether they want to do
that or not. If that's true, then we don't really need to provide a
read write lock.
However, if we're used as a general database, we do. Is there a
compelling reason to use us as a database? It seems like a bad idea.

--
As seen on TV