I think it would be an interesting experiment as well.

The paper provided a lot of interesting information on DRAM failure
rates, but I don't think you can infer failure rates about the
"general population" solely from examining the DRAM failures in a very
isolated (though large) population such as Google's data centers.
Google data centers introduce unique environmental factors (such as
custom mother boards, power supplies, network linking, etc.) which can
all affect failure rates.   While the correlations drawn between
things such as utilization and temperature and failure rate may be
applicable, overall failure rate I think is not.

-Shane