On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 5:33 PM, Adam Barth <aba...@chromium.org> wrote:

> It seems like we need to draw the line somewhere.  Otherwise, we'll
> end up exposing the whole DOM via the WebKit API.  Where do you think
> the optimum cut-off is?

I think treating the DOM as an XML-ish object tree would be the most
reasonable approach.  This means:

1. The ability to walk the DOM hierarchy by following parent/child
relationships.
2. The ability to get/set DOM attributes.
3. The ability to create/delete DOM objects at any level in the hierarchy.
4. The ability to set event listeners on DOM objects (perhaps using a
v8::Function as the listener).

Inputs would need to be sanity-checked by the API based on the underlying
object context, but I don't think we need to provide separate API
classes/methods for each possibility.