Hi there,

I rebuilt chromium yesterday from yesterday's tip on Linux (last time
I did that was about 8 weeks ago or so). I'm involved in developing
some NPAPI plugins that used to work well with my older chromium linux
build and that work without any issues in all other NPAPI supporting
browsers including firefox, Opera and some webkitgtk based ones, such
as surf.

Anyway, the symptom I see in chromium is this (in about:plugins):

Native Client Plugin

File name: npfoo.so
Native Client Plugin was built on Oct 22 2009 at 12:28:12 and expires
on 11/4/2009 (mm/dd/yyyy)
MIME Type       Description     Suffixes        Enabled
application/x-nacl-srpc NativeClient Simple RPC module   nexe   Yes

So the Native Client Plugin somehow overrides the original mime type
(application/x-vnd-foo-x and foo as suffix) now and makes it
impossible to use the NPAPI plugin as usual. Also note that this
Native Client Plugin stuff seems to be totally untested on Linux, at
least the borken extension "nexe" (.exe?) hints that there seems to be
something not in sync between code that's used on Windows perhaps?

On the other hand some plugins seem not to be wrapped by Native Client
Plugin, such as Adobe's PDF plugin (nppdf.so) and I wonder why that's
the case (is there any hard-coded trusted plugins list somewhere?).

Any insight on how to make it work would be really helpful.

Kind regards,
Anselm