On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Nick Carter <n...@chromium.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 8:46 AM, Scott Violet <s...@chromium.org> wrote:
>>
>> I'm confused by the diagram. In step 5, why does F' get added to the
>> model. Are you saying the 'extension cloud' service always creates a
>> new bookmark, without verifying if the model already has a matching
>> entry?
>
> This is indeed the behavior we're seeing with one extension -- "delete all
> old bookmarks, write a whole new copy".

Ugh!

I don't think there is going to be a way to make it impossible to
write poorly written extensions. Perhaps sync should have a way to
detect lots of mutations from an extension and then disable either the
extension or itself at some point with a suitable warning. It should
certainly be possible to track number of mutations from an extension
and to know which extension is the result of the mutations.

  -Scott