Yeah, that's about it.  It's definitely time to make this switch.  After the
gyp tests for make are green, it just needs someone with the right buidlbot
knowledge + time to work out the details.

(Last time I did a comparison of the make vs. scons build output there were
still some differences in the built files, some missing, a few different
locations, etc., but that was a long time ago now.  There'll still probably
be some minor shakeout, but nothing insurmountable.)

        --SK