Yeah, I understood :) I haven't seen much discussion of these issues
so figured I'd try and start some - perhaps a lurker would be
motivated to work on it. Or maybe the Chrome team in a later release.

The force-ssl stuff seems like good progress. Still, Chrome takes a
less aggressive stance than Firefox on things like click-through
warnings and that doesn't seem like needing academic study to resolve.