Recently I started working more and more on Mac OS X, and I'm trying to find
an editor that would work the best for me.

On Linux I used GNU Emacs with many customizations. Some of the most handy
ones for working on Chromium were Google Style script and launching the
compilation from the editor. I also used Vim keybindings (Viper) a lot.

On Mac, I tried Aquamacs, but some of my customizations broke. Also, the Vim
emulation seems to be only half-working (selecting text in Vim "visual" mode
isn't working).

I also tried Xcode, but it seems that the editor isn't powerful enough. I
don't know how to quickly remove an entire line (2 keystrokes in Vim), or a
few lines (3 keystrokes). However, the "Open Quickly" option (cmd-shift-d)
is very nice. I also couldn't find an easy solution to automatically remove
trailing whitespace in Xcode.

Do you have any tips about effective editing on Mac? Which solution would
you recommend?