On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 12:02 PM, Peter Kasting <pkast...@google.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Nicolas Sylvain <nsylv...@chromium.org>wrote:
>
>> I don't think anyone suggested "immediate auto revert".
>>

> Ben Goodger: "I am supportive of auto-revert as long as we apply it
> universally"
> Kenneth Russell: "I completely support immediate backouts of changes that
> break the tree"
>
> Try bots are not perfect. They won't get all the failures. But even if it's
>> not entirely your fault, it does not mean that your change deserves to be in
>> the tree.
>>

> Irrelevant to the argument I'm making.  I claim that irrespective of what
> happened on the trybots, authors who break something should have a brief
> grace period to fix their problems.

I don't see who this benefits - assuming that a given patch is broken and
needs a small delta to be correct, it's just as easy to submit a patch with
a small delta as it is to submit the small delta. Leaving the broken patch
in the tree for any period of time after it's known to be bad is a waste of
everybody's time.

- James