On Nov 9, 2009, at 2:22 PM, Erik Corry wrote:

> How big are the strings we are talking about here on average?

In Dromaeo? I haven't checked; I was focusing on other metrics when I
ran those tests. You could run the four DOM Core benchmarks and
instrument the code to find out.

The "DOM Query" subtest is the one where Chrome really gets its butt
kicked by Safari (2x as fast!). I don't have the profile dumps
anymore, unfortunately, but my recollection is that Chrome spent at
least 10% of the time converting strings.

—Jens